Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Monthly Inspiration: September Garden

This month's inspiration took me to my sisters' lush yard in the Millcreek area of Salt Lake City. It has been a late summer in Utah, with lots of unexpected rain early in the season. As you can see from my inspiration board, there were still beautiful Hydrangea and Hibiscus in bloom as well as thriving branches of leaves and berries from Tall Hedge, Japanese Maples, Creeping Jenny.... On a whim I decided this was the perfect garden to create a late season arrangement.
1. Gathering Hibiscus | 2. Adding fruit in the mix for complimentary colors and styling | 3. My sisters' dog Sasha, and project companion for the evening | 4. Testing props and areas for the shoot

The Hibiscus were so beautiful. I needed a close-up.

A bit of a panoramic to get a small glimpse into Freddie's (my sister's nickname) yard.

The resulting arrangement styled beneath the outdoor clock.

Hope you enjoy looking at the this month's inspiration as much as I had fun putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...